HomeInfrastructureinfra projects

SIAM Cement BigBloc Launches First Plant in Gujarat

Views: 20
0 0
Read Time:3 Minute, 12 Second
SIAM Cement BigBloc Launches First Plant in Gujarat
Commercial production at SIAM Cement BigBloc Construction Technologies Pvt Ltd’s first facility in Kheda, Gujarat, has begun. The company is a joint venture between BigBloc Construction Ltd. of Gujarat and SCG International Corporation. of Thailand.

At its first factory in Kheda, Gujarat, SIAM Cement BigBloc Construction Technologies Pvt Ltd, a joint venture between BigBloc Construction Ltd. of Gujarat and SCG International Corporation. of Thailand, has started commercial production. With an annual capacity of 2.5 lakh cubic meters, the partnership has committed ₹65 crore to build India’s first AAC wall plant. “ZMARTBUILD WALL by NXTBLOC” will be the brand name for the AAC Wall products. AAC Blocks will also be produced by the company.

On June 10, 2024, the facility was officially opened by H.E. Pattarat Hongtong, the Thai ambassador to India, who served as the guest of honor. Balvantsinh Rajput, the Gujarat government’s minister of industries, MSME, and chief guest, was also present, along with top representatives from SCG International and BigBloc Construction.

BigBloc Construction and SCG International, a Thai company, have formed a strategic joint venture with the aim of establishing a cutting-edge AAC Wall and AAC Block production facility in Kheda District, close to Ahmedabad (Gujarat). BigBloc Construction owns 52% of the joint venture, with SCG International holding the remaining 48%. The SCG Group’s initial investment in India is this. One of the biggest cement and building material companies in Thailand and Southeast Asia, SCG was founded in 1913 and is present in more than 22 countries. It has joint ventures with numerous foreign companies and operates in a variety of verticals, including cement, construction materials, packaging, chemicals, and many others.

BigBloc Construction Ltd.’s managing director, Naresh Saboo, stated: “This joint venture fosters a bond between countries and cultures, going beyond a simple business alliance.” September 2023 saw the commencement of construction at the plant, and a year later production got underway, setting an incredible record in India’s AAC industry. In the future, SCG and Bigbloc will collaborate on all building material solutions in order to fortify the Indian supply chain, take advantage of one another’s strengths, and offer outstanding solutions to the building sector. The project has the ability to grow to 5 lakh cubic meters per year in the second phase with consent from both joint venture parties.

Advertisements

In addition to being non-toxic and sustainable, AAC walls and blocks offer higher build quality, are lightweight, soundproof, and fire resistant. They are also more affordable and environmentally friendly than traditional bricks.

The first AAC wall plant in India will be located in the joint venture plant in Kheda, Gujarat. For the Indian market, the company will introduce a broad variety of big format AAC wall products measuring 8–12 feet in length, 2 feet in width, and 3–8 inches in thickness. When operating at full capacity, the factory is estimated to provide revenues of about ₹100 crore annually and create 250 employment opportunities. Along with bringing cutting-edge building materials to Indian markets, the joint venture hopes to foster mutual growth and cooperation in the construction industry and the sharing of techno-commercial expertise.

“This collaboration combines SCG’s century-long expertise and advanced technologies with BigBloc’s deep understanding of the local market, and we are poised to make a significant impact on India’s construction industry by delivering cost-effective and sustainable construction solutions,” stated Abhijit Datta, Head of International Business and Managing Director of SCG International. Presenting “ZMARTBUILD WALL by NXTBLOC,” the next generation of superior walling solutions, with pride. One wall at a time, this innovative project aims to redefine India’s building industry rather than just establish new benchmarks.

Group Media Publication
Construction, Infrastructure and Mining   
General News Platforms – IHTLive.com
Entertainment News Platforms – https://anyflix.in/
Legal and Laws News Platforms – https://legalmatters.in/
Podcast Platforms – https://anyfm.in/

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%