HomeConstruction

Bengal plans ₹1,648 cr four lane-bridge on Muriganga River

Views: 217
0 0
Read Time:53 Second
Bengal plans ₹1,648 cr four lane-bridge on Muriganga River

With investments totaling 1,648 crore, the West Bengal government is considering building a four-lane bridge over the Muriganga River to link Sagar Island with Kakdwip on the mainland. The government’s long-term plan to provide Sagar Island with communication facilities includes the construction of the over 3-km-long proposed bridge. According to the plans, the state government will pay the agency chosen to build the bridge 40% of the cost, the contractor will cover the other 60%, and the state government would collect tolls from traffic using the bridge and repay the agency over the following 15 years.

This is a noteworthy step since it will be the first time during the present administration that a toll-based project is built. Since taking office in 2011, the state government has not imposed tolls on any roads or bridges.

Group Media Publication
Construction, Infrastructure and Mining   
General News Platforms – IHTLive.com
Entertainment News Platforms – https://anyflix.in/
Legal and Laws News Platforms – https://legalmatters.in/
Podcast Platforms – https://anyfm.in/

Advertisements
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *